Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Stone Cold World

The Cabin in the Woods

With the cold weather my 13-year-old daughter and I have been making a lot of use of the fireplace. I have developed an entirely new view and appreciation of such things as old newspapers and junk mail and actually have people giving me their collections.

But nothing,

I mean nothing

is as satisfying as the 20 volume series of waterloged Krishna books I found abandoned in the side yard. My daughter and I are savoring this series of books, enthralled by the pretty colors as we deposit one per night into the evening fire.

It is,

the ultimate use for such a collection,

and proof that there is some balance to the universe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ole said...

Welcome to the blogosphere :)

February 2, 2005 at 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home